Thursday, November 30, 2006

The games we play...

Lin dsay, Ga be Han nah, Fa ye th and I were talking about the meaning of Christmas and how Christmas Day is actually a very large celebration for the Birth of Jesus (please note we no longer say BABY Jesus as she was VERY UPSET at Easter that they crucified BABY Jesus) So she asked if we could bake a cake and play games. I said, Yes we can. So I asked what kind of game should be play. L B says, Pin the baby in the cradle. So I explained the entire manger scene and told her that they slept in the manger. She says, Did Mother Mary CO-SLEEP with Jesus. To which I answered, yes she did. She then asked, "Did Mother Mary BREASTFEED Jesus. I replied, "Yes honey back then almost all children were nursed by their moms. They did not have formula back then". She then comes up with, "Mommy what is formula"? I said, "You know what formula is. It is what babies get if their mommy's do not breast feed". She replies to me, "But Mommy WHAT IS IT"? I scratch my head and tell her the truth. "Honey it is a synthetic drink made up of ingredients that babies need that mommy's give then babies when they can't or won't breastfeed. But it is not the same as breast milk. Breast milk cannot be replicated. You and Ga be were fed formula from 9 weeks on. Han nah and Fay eth got supplemented with it".
To change the subject back to the Christmas Celebration I asked, What games should we play. So she then said, Pin the Baby in Mother Mary's arms. Okay. So I asked about Thanksgiving, Halloween. Then I said, What type of Games could we play at Easter....She says...."PIN JESUS ON THE CROSS". to say my face looked like this :-O is probably and understatement. My reply was, ummm Lind say honey, I am not so sure that I am up to crucifying Jesus. That happened once dear. How about something with the Easter Bunny.

No comments: