Monday, November 27, 2006

A few funnies from the week...

Darren is in the midst of telling the kids a story. He goes "Chapter by chapter". It is the story of how we met and how we got to the point that we are now. Last week Darren was telling them about how we got pregnant with the twins. He says, "The Dr called and said", Hannah did not miss a beat. She yells, "NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!" LOL Darren did not find it quite as amusing as I did. But he still thought it was funny.

We have all had special names for the kids while they were in my tummy. The twins of course were Baby A and Baby B. Hannah was Baby Cookie. Fayeth was Baby Boots the Monkey. That same night she asked, Where was I when the twins were in Mommy's tummy? Darren said, You were still an egg in Mommy's ovary. She laughed and told him, "Don't be silly daddy. I was a COOKIE in mommy's ovary".

Friday night we went to the Circus. LB made 2 new friends. They kept petting LBs hair and kept remarking how straight and soft it was. LB would say Thank you and the cycle would start again. Finally LB told them that she was not a dog and she did not need petted. The girls again told her that her hair was so soft and straight. On the way home LB was asking, "Mommy, why were they "petting" my hair and telling me how straight and soft my hair was?" So I explained. "Honey most people with a black skin color have very curly hair and they have to go through great measures to straighten their hair. Your hair is naturally (PAINFULLY) straight". She then again asked, "WHY are they lucky to have curly hair?" I replied, "Honey it is in their GENES". Lb replied, "Ok". Now I could HEAR her thinking. All of a sudden I hear, "Mommy, you know how I have to have my hair in ringlets for the Nutcracker", "Yes honey", "Instead of buying me those icky hair extension can you just buy me a pair of their JEANS?" LOL I tried hard to stifle a giggle and then had to explain GENES and DNA. Which then turned into a LONG talk on that. (Homeschooling at its finest :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle I am ROFL!!!! They are so adorable.