Friday, December 01, 2006

The crazy things that you remember...

This morning I woke up. Took a mental inventory. Head...Check, arms, hands, fingers...Check. Chest...Stabbing pain in ribs, what is the pain...Ah! Barbie dolls. Legs...CHeck. What is today's date. Friday December 1st. I know something happened this day...THINKING THINKING THINKING....

*LIGHT BULB GOES OFF*

10 years ago today I broke my nose. I being a SILLY 7th grader was SICK with a 103 degree temp but I wanted to go to school. I got up and headed to the shower. I remember it being particullary cold. I turned the shower on VERY HOT. I step into the shower/tub combo and I try to warm up. I lather up my hair. I so to rinse it, I tilt my head back, close my eyes and the next thing I remember is my mom pulling me out of the floor of the tub.

I PASSED OUT COLD. My nose was bleeding profusely. My mom gets that to stop. Gets me cleaned up. I was completely dazed and confused. I told her, But I want to go to school. Yeah well, that did not happen. What did happen was me staying in bed until my mom took me to the dr to get my nose checked out. Which resulted in a trip to the ER. Which then resulted in the Social worker and police coming down to "interview" me. Asking if my mother ever beat me. How did my injury occur. I was freaking livid and got very pissy with them and will all the energy I could muster I put them in their place. When I went back and told my mom, she laughed and took it all in stride. It's their job, blah blah blah.

By the next morning my eyes were completely swelled shut. I was black and blue and looked like I HAD been beaten.

It is crazy what you remember. I told the kids the story and they all laughed.

Nice of the kids to make fun of their mommy

Leah, YES I wanted to go to school to see "KENNY" the guy that me, Janet, Jean, you all thought was amazing. I remember jean saying, "I wish I could be the mouth piece on his trumpet". LOL I wonder whatever happened to him.

3 comments:

Linda said...

ROFLMAO - the mouthpiece on his TRUMPET - ROFLMAOPIMP!!!

sheilamarie said...

10 years ago today? wouldnt you have been about 22 then? how were you in 7th grade?

Anonymous said...

Knowing you now, I can TOTALLY see you giving the social workers the what-for LOL.

Mouthpiece on his trumpet - ROFLOL!!!!!