Monday, October 16, 2006

Tidbits....

Tomorrow my mom will be having another Mohr surgery to remove some more basal cell skin cancer cells from the side of her nose (by where the hose peice to your eye glasses sits). After the biopsy the site has looked great so I am hoping that he will only have to remove 1 layer tomorrow. So if you can keep her in your thoughts and prayers I would appreciate it.

Fa ye th is an absolute joy. Well, for the most part. Her last eye tooth is coming in and she is a bit fussy. Yesterday Dar ren took Ga be and LB to rehersal and I stayed home with the 2 younger ones. I decided to vacuum and H ann ah came downstairs to rest in the family room while she watch some tv. Fay eth hates the vacuum and as soon as I turned it on she took off for the girls rooms. I had stripped their beds as G abe had an incontient episode. So, after I was done vacumming I went down to the girls room and THIS is what I found. She is a funny little thing.

I have an LB brag. Saturday was the twi ns last soccer game. For each game (at this age) they allow 3 kids to be on each of the 2 fields. This week we only had 8 kids. 3 of the 8 have barely scored any goals. So, they decided to spilt the kids up into the group that has not scored and the high scoring group. My children combined have scored almost 80 goals up to that game (and we missed 2 games) So they put Tristan, petey and emma on one field. Then the hard part came. Which of the 5 higher scorer do they put with the other 3. So, since Ga be, Gavin and Beau are ball hogs ;) it came down to LB and Mya. Both of which are 1/2 of a twin set. Since Mya and Gavin only had a mom there and Da rren was with me, they split my kids onto 2 separate fields.
So as the game goes on, Coach Becky tells LB, can you pass the ball to T, P or E so they can score a goal. LB said, Oh sure I can. And boy did she. She would line the ball up right by the goal and cheer them on while they kicked it in. She did this repeatedly. Over and over and over again. She did score 5 goals herself, but the other 3 were having so much fun. they blossomed. When Tristan (Our assitant coaches son) scored his first goal we all nearly cried! It was so amazing. After the game Coach Monica, Becky and Mike came and gave LB a huge hug and told her what a great team player she was. They also came to me and Da rre n and told us what an amazing little team player she is, especially at this age when they just want to score a goal. We were so proud of her.

No comments: