Friday, October 27, 2006

This is what parenting is all about...


The letter, written by my 4year 9 month old daughter, reads: "TO WALLY TO THANK YOU FOR LETTING US PLAY IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH".

We have been to the pumpkin patch twice this year. Once with Da ddy and once with Gra mma, Gra mpa, Bi lly and E li. The first time we were the only ones there. Being that this is a small town that we live in, everyone pretty much knows everyone else. Mr Wally has been at the pumpkin patch for years and he is wonderul with the children. He took the kids on a very long train ride, but because they are so well behaved. He explained all the different types of pumpkins and squash that they had at the pumpkin patch. He is just amazing.

We go back Wednesday and on our way home I said, "Do you think that we should write a thank you card to the people at the pumpkin patch for their hard work that allows us to come and play here every year?" I immediately got 3 yes and 1 ear drum bursting blood oozing from your ears scream. When we got home we had to make cupcakes for the bowling carry in and I told the kids that Thursday we would write our letter.

Jen came to babysit and off I went with my mom to bowling. When I got home Dar ren was already home and Jen had gone home. A little while later I go up to get a glass of water. I notice that a peice of paper was sitting on the table. I went and looked and I found that letter. I went down and showed Darren and he replied, "Yeah I know that. Linds ay wanted to write a letter and Jen helped her by spelling some of the words. She told LB though that she had to come up with the words to write on her own."

I was and am still so proud. I went and woke her up to give her an extra hug and kiss and tell her how peoud I was of her. She is better than most adults about writing thank you cards. She is such a good little girl. And has such good manners.

I will admit though, I did think and say to the DH again, I will never have to write another thank you card for them again. LOL

2 comments:

Jessica said...

She is so sweet Michelle. A very thoughtful little girl. Just wait till she is writing love letters to all of her boyfriends. ;)

Anonymous said...

Aww that is so sweet!! What a thoughtful little girl Miss LB is.