Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The kids...

Just a few funnies from the past few days...

Lindsay talking to Hannah in the livingroom before we left for dance.

Lindsay: "Hannah, you need to work on your 'postulance' when doing your plie."

Hannah: "What?"

Lindsay: "You know, your 'postulance'!"

Hannah: * Insert Scowling Look that only Hannah can give. Ask Carie ;) *

Lindsay: "You know...STAND UP STRAIGHT-'POSTULANCE'!!!"

Me: "Sweetheart, you mean POSTURE."

Lindsay: "Well then what is 'postulance'?"

Me: "I think you mean 'POSTULANT'."

Lindsay: "Well the Sound of Music....."



Valentine's Day-

We are sitting at the dining room table having a candle light dinner with the kids. We were teaching them proper terminology for some words. Urinate, ect...

Darren: * Holding a piece of steak on his fork * "I am going to masturbate my steak."

Me: :-O

Darren: * BLUSH * "I said I am going to MASTICATE my steak"

Me: * Smacking head just waiting *

Gabe: "What is masturbate?"

Me: "Gabe, Daddy meant MASTICATE. Meaning CHEW"

Gabe: "Well then what is masturbate?"

Me: * Looks at Darren thinking how he will pay later knowing that Gabe will not drop this * "Well Gabe...gives medical explanation"

Gabe: "Cool"

Today on the way to dance I have an extra child in my car we will call her Clara. Lindsay was gabby and talking with Clara (who is 6) about how crazy their daddy's are...

Lindsay: "My daddy said he was going to MASTURBATE his steak!"

Me: "Lindsay...ZIP IT! Clara do not forget to remind your mommy that we have a flower meeting on Friday."

Clara: "What is masturbate?"

Me: "Oh sweetheart, she said MASTICATE. That means to CHEW. He was going to CHEW his steak. Aren't you excited to see your recital costume today. Remind me to show you!"

Now I will have to explain to her mom on Friday if this is brought up again. LINDSAY had a sit down to discuss what she SHOULD and SHOULD NOT repeat!!! :)

2 comments:

S,D,J,K's Mom said...

LOL

Now, may I ask, is it proper etiquett to first masturbate your steak before you masticate it or should you first masticate it and then masturbate it?

Joanne said...

Aren't you glad DH was helping to expand their vocabulary?