Monday, May 03, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday

My Sweet baby,

I cannot believe that you are 5. I am not sure where the time has gone. You are such a cute little thing and you have such a mind of your own. You are battling the being a baby and being a big girl. You still want to be THE baby, except when it suits you to be a big girl. You are such a happy little person and you like everyone to be happy around you.

...You love dresses... You ask for them ALL the time. You wear them in the winter and love your summer dresses.

...You despise writing... You still cannot/will not write your name. I believe that you can, but getting you to do it is something else.

...You act as if you cannot identify your numbers, but when I forget "frozen pizza" on the grocery list you sure did quickly point it out. :)

...You tell stories... Like telling Aunt Jane and Karley that Daddy throws Gabe down the stairs and broke his head/arm/leg...whatever body part suits you that day. You also like to tell stories about your travels with Aunt Jane to England and India and how you shopped for ballgowns and danced with Princes and rode on elephants. I think I particularly like the one when you told me that you had your nipple pierced.

...You have your siblings so wrapped around your little finger you do not have to do anything! They baby you and you know how to play it up.

The other day, Lindsay and I were sitting on the bed with the laptop looking at pics of flowers. I was trying to decide if I was going to try my hand at begonia's this year. You have been having a bit of an issue with wearing clothing/panties lately and you were running around the house as "streaking Bare". I told Lindsay, "See this is a Begonia." You stopped running and came back to my doorway. You placed your hands on your little hips and said to me, "Oh Silly Mommy, it is a BA-GINA not a BA-GONIA!!" Of course I could not let this go and I informed you that it was a VA-gina not a BA-gina and that we were actually looking at FLOWERS. You said, "Oh silly mommy, I can call it whatever I want. It is MY bagina!!!" Then you ran off. A few seconds later you were back at my door and you said (as serious as could be) "And technically mommy it is called a LA-BIA it protects my BA-GINA!" How can you argue with that.

I now have to carry a pair of your panties in my car. One day when we were trying to leave for Chicago I went to fasten you in your carseat and I lifted your skirt to fasten the bottom belts and WHOA!!! Holy Moly!!! I was greeted by you pantiless bottom. Had the kids fasten you in, then we would have been in Chicago and you would have had no panties on. *yikes* You informed me that "Panties are optional". Ummm...not when you are wearing a skirt little miss. We have not instituted PANTY CHECK on our way out the door.

You are truly the perfect ending to our family. You complete us and make us laugh the entire time.

The First time I held you


Your are 5!

No comments: