Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Chiari/Syringomyelia Conference 2009

Well people, for the first time since May 2001 I will be travelling WITHOUT CHILDREN!!!! I am going to the ASAP Conference in Madison, Wisconsin. In the last 12 hours my anxiety about leaving the kids, especially Gabe, have come to full force. Gabe is 3 weeks post op today and we are manually distracting his head and I am expecting my (poor) mom to do this. I know she can, but it is still scary to release this control. (Yeah, I have control issues. I can embrace that and own it)

The best part of this trip, minus having to share my bed with FAYETH, is that I get to spend time with some of my favorite Chiari Moms. (Just wait until camp, THAT is a lot of fun, 23 of my favorite Chiari Families!!!!) Kristen has flown in from OK and I will pick her up in Mt. Prospect this afternoon. Our friend Tommi had to cancel due to her daughters surgical wound infection. Cindy will be coming along with her friend Jenni (whom I have yet to meet) Kristen and I are sharing a room. No Kids. No listening to "Mommy, Mommy Mommy!"

I will be back sometime on Sunday. We have a FAB dinner at the RMH on Sunday so I will be stopping there to help with Dinner before we come home. Have a great weekend ladies!!!

No comments: