Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Our bird feeder...

Friday at the Daisy Girl Scout meeting the girls earned a petal. They earned their ROSE colored petal, "Make the World a Better Place". The girls made bird feeders out of recycled materials.

They took pine cones and applied peanut butter to the pine cone. They then rolled the pine cone in bird seed and attached yarn to the pine cone. Voila, there is your bird feeder. We had Lindsay hang hers on our back deck. I figured that we would not get any birds but more likely our squirrels would come and feast.

She has waited and waited. And waited some more. This morning she told me, "Nothing is going to eat at my bird feeder". Just a little while ago I saw movement on our deck and I called Lindsay up. This is what was on our deck.

All is now right in the world. :)

No comments: