Friday, January 04, 2008

2008...

Started out with our good friend Tummy Flu. The same night Lindsay, Gabe and Fayeth really started puking a lot, the washing machine died. A house of 6 people and the washing machine died while 3 have the tummy flu. That sucks!!! My mother loves me and has washed the load of laundry that needed to be washed. Thank you mommy!

Today the repair man came to give us an estimate on fixing our washing machine. The repairman walks in, "Wow! You have a lot of kids!"
Me: Just 4
Him: Thats all?
Me: Yep, I don't think that my husband has snuck any extra in on me.

He starts taking my washing machine apart. "Wow! The basket is broken. You must do a lot of laundry."
Me: Ummm, you did say I have a lot of kids ** said dripping with sarcasm **
Him: I have never seen a basket break like this. You do a lot of laundry.
Me: Actually I do not. I only wash clothing after the children have wore it 5 times. No matter how dirty the outfit gets. ** Flashes him a smile **

So my basket will be here and washing machine will be fixed by NEXT FRIDAY! UGH! Darren will be going to my moms or the laundry mat this weekend. =)



Gabe is sick, again. He started vomiting last week and not it is this freaky I puke within 30 minutes of getting up in the morning and within a few minutes of going to bed at night. Twice a day. To top it off he is now coughing and has nasal congestion. So not only does his head hurt because he has increased pressure on his brain, he has head congestion. To top that off he is coughing savagely. He is a mess and feels crappy. He complains that his shunt reservoir and valve area are hurting him. It is hard to touch. The reservoir is like a rock. I sent an email off to F rim this even asking him about this freaky vomiting thing and this is what I got in return,

"Gabe may have caught the same flu that Hannah had, but given his unusual brain stem and intracranial situation, he will be affected much more with each stress like that. I could still guess stomach flu of some kind coupled with his unique sensitivity to vomiting stimuli, etc. The vomiting will cause more CSF to be pushed through his shunt and eventually he will end up with over drainage headache to go with everything else.

Please let us know what happens over the next few days. I have cc’d Sheri as I am out of town and my email is a bit spotty.


DF"

Nice to know that my son has an unusual brain stem. ;) Gabe's shunt will drain extra with the increased force of vomiting and coughing. Hence how he can/will get an over drainage headache. So we are germy, yet again. UGH!

1 comment:

The McFamily said...

That picture breaks my heart Michelle.
I am so sad for him.
Seriously, I have no words...just hugs for all of you.